Did You Know?
- Men have made some of the most wonderful inventions/discoveries which have made life easy today, like:
- The internet – backbone of the technological progress of the 21st century.
- Medicines that made baby-delivery easy for women – one of the most progressive inventions of the 20th century.
- It’s majorly the men who have been laying down their lives since ages in order to protect their people and country-land from external attacks, environmental dangers, et al.
- It’s the men who have continuously sacrificed their likes and interests in order to take on the role of a bread-winner in order to not only support their families, but also to bring around economic progress that resulted in reducing latencies and made life easier for one and all.
- Men pay more taxes at the same salary level compared to women; and contribute to 82% of total taxes paid.
are wronged and forced to satisfy many expectations.
The NGO will celebrate International Men’s Day on Wednesday. Thirty bikers will take out a rally on Outer Ring Road from Bellandur Gate to Madiwala Post at 1.30 pm. The organization will pay tribute to achievements in science and defence sectors.
Foundation PRO Virag Dhulia said 13 lakh men lost jobs between 2001 and 2005. According to their statistics, over 55,000 married men committed suicide in 2005 and 2006, as opposed to 29,000 married women. The organization claimed most of these deaths were the result of domestic violence.
Dhulia said: “Men are liable to pay more taxes. Many are stuck in false dowry harassment cases. Adultery is a crime for Indian men but not women. There is discrimination at every point and men have to satisfy unreasonable expectations. There is no institution to protect their rights.”
The NGO has urged the government to set up a men’s welfare department, as well a national commission for men. Other demands include amendments to Section 498-A of IPC and Domestic Violence Act, to accommodate provisions for cruelty and domestic violence against men. “Single men should have the right to adopt, and the government must provide unemployment benefits too,” Dhulia added.