We often keep hearing this word – Dowry. In newspapers, media, TV channels, often you will see Indian men being slammed for being “Dowry Seekers” and India also has criminal provisions for imprisoning men accused of demanding dowry. So, what exactly is this dowry all about? Let’s hear it from an expert on this issue – Ms. Jyoti Tiwari. Do watch the video below, hit the “Like” button, share it and subscribe to her YouTube channel for more such informative videos.
Urge for Order to Change
Save Indian Family Foundation is disappointed that after many decades, supreme court has passed orders under domestic violence act for changes but it has failed to give justice to Men.
Shekar Mangal head of Save Indian Family Foundation has expressed on Tuesday that “Out of these changes, court has told under Protection of Womens violence Law 2005, Section 2(q) ‘Adult Men’ word has been removed. It has been considered as Men always does Violence & women are victims”. Continue reading
2 years back in April 2014, India’s largest community center for victimized and distressed men, Confidare, started it’s office in Delhi while it was already operational at Bangalore.
Starting Confidare at Delhi had its own challenges but the incubating team formed by Jyoti Tiwari, Nishant Sharma and Rohit Girdhar overcame all of them effortlessly and now with one more person on-board Bhuvnesh Sharma the journey is all the more exciting.
Here’s a conversation between the foursome sharing their experience and thoughts on the journey hitherto and the vision ahead.
Three cheers to Confidare Delhi team
Time and again, we are reminded that this society is male dominated and patriarchal in nature. What does it mean?
It means that men live in a have-it-all world. They have all the rights and privileges and they control all the power in the world. And this is how it is justified or evidence of its presence is presented:
- Men don’t have to leave their homes after getting married.
- They don’t need to adjust with another family.
- They get inheritance in ancestral property.
- Their child gets their name.
- Their name doesn’t need to change after marriage.
While all this might be true, the following is also true.
- Men need to become financially stable before getting married.
- They need to continue to remain so lifelong, which means they cannot stop working and sit at home.
- They cannot pursue their interests as it may not generate enough income for the survival of the whole family.
- Even if their wife works, they should not expect her to share the financial load, if she does it by her own choice, well and good.
- The risk of bringing a new person into their life and family wrests entirely with the man and one wrong decision can ruin his life.