The Rape laws are already misused and a lot of innocent young men have suffered due to false allegations by unscrupulous women. Misuse of draconian laws takes away people’s faith from Judiciary, courts, law enforcement system and finally democracy itself.
The famous false rape cases include ones against film director Madhur Bhandarkar, Deputy Speaker of Rajya Sabha P.J.Kurien and Rahul Gandhi. The other famous case is that of a false rape case filed by an American woman on 6 innocent young students of TISS (Tata Institute of Social Sciences), Pune. They were aged between 19 and 22. They spent 18 months in prison and then they were found to be innocent by the magistrate court and also the High Court.
We are also seeing a trend wherein media reports suggest that the Government has bowed down to pressure from women organizations. Who are these organizations? What credibility they carry? We, the people of India, have not elected these women organizations and will not allow hijack of the law making process by these organizations with vested anti-male interests. It does not look in good taste when the Government appears to be bowing down before a few women filled with hatred for men.
We have neither elected the communist MPs who keep on passing dissent for every issue and hijack the smooth proceedings of parliament. Communist MPs are extremely anti-male in nature and they must not be listened to. Also, laws cannot be drafted in media studios. Media must be issued an advisory on this, so that it does not cross its limits and anti-male forces in the media are disabled.
So, we demand the following in Criminal Law Amendment, 2012 bill:
- There must be a Misuse Clause in Sexual Assault Laws, and strict punishment must be given to women and persons who lodge false rape complaints.
- The law must punish perpetrators of rape irrespective of their gender (whether the accused are male or female).
- The age of consent in statutory rape cases should be lowered to 16 as media, liberals and communists are unleashing a sexual liberation movement in India and they are opposing any abstinence policies from conservatives.
- The age of juveniles must not be reduced to 16, however, consent age must be reduced to 16, as a lot of young females in the age range of 16-18 engage in sexual encounters with boys or men and then the male is accused of rape due to faulty definition of rape.
- Under no circumstance should instances of consensual sex be converted to rape and it must be ensured that innocent men are never punished/arrested/prosecuted.
- All the innocent people who were jailed in false rape cases must be given compensation of Rs.50 lakhs each by the Government for not doing enough to create mechanisms to prevent these false cases.
- A man who refused to marry girlfriend after consensual sex for months, must not be considered as a rapist. Break-up in live-in relationship is not rape. If a man has promised to marry, he has the right and liberty to change his mind and take back his promise at any point of time. This must not convert all the consensual sexual acts before into acts of sexual assault later.
Unless Government takes responsibility to enact laws with proper checks and balances, people will stop trusting courts and judiciary. If the Government fails in its duty, then in future, when innocent men commit suicide after being falsely implicated in serious charges of sexual assault, the blame will squarely lie on the Government and the law makers. Government must create comprehensive framework to stop misuse of gender biased laws.
Please note, according to NCRB, Ministry of Home Affairs, about 3 times more men compared to women die in accidents, murders and suicides in India.
One such example of a man falsely accused asking for justice.