As a man,
- Do you feel unsafe in the marriage?
- Do you feel frustrated, harassed and emotionally drained?
- Do you feel vulnerable and fidgety about the newly purchased apartment?
- Do you feel scared that your wife will get you arrested in a false dowry case?
- Do you feel ashamed to talk to your colleagues about harassment from your wife/in-laws?
- Do you feel like committing suicide as you are not finding a single male friendly avenue that can understand your marital problem?
- Do you feel discriminated by the judge in the false case that your wife has filed against you?
- Do you feel being treated unfair by the police, when merely on single unverified complaint of your wife; you were picked up on a Friday evening and released on a Monday morning only after you acceded to her demands?
- Do you feel being humiliated by that mediator of the mediation center who covertly asked you to pay Rs. 50 Lakhs to your wife to avoid prolonged marital litigation?
- Do you feel that all laws must be gender neutral?
If you are having any of the above feelings or you have come across some man who shared some of the above feelings, here’s a hope of respite for you.
Save Indian Family Foundation, a men’s rights organization is conducting a peaceful protest march in Bangalore on the 19th Jan 2013 from 9:30 AM to 2 PM.
The March will ensue at 9:30 AM from Town Hall, Bangalore and will conclude at Mysore Circle, Bangalore. Members will be distributing pamphlets about abuse of men and demands to the Govt. of India which include:
- Stop arresting husband and his family in matrimonial disputes.
- Stop pressurizing husband with maintenance orders in troubled marriages.
- Institute National Commission for Men.
- Institute Men Welfare Ministry.
- Allocate budget to conduct studies and surveys focusing on male-centric issues.
- Sensitize police and judiciary about men’s problems.
- Provide protection to men in the form male-friendly laws.
- Abolish anti-male laws.
- Regularize and censor anti-male content in the media.
- Treat all men with dignity.
Date: 19th Jan 2013. Place: Town Hall, Bangalore. Time: 9:30 AM. Contacts: Rukma Chary – 95351 09509 (English/Hindi/Telugu), Prakhyat – 96328 12802 (English/Hindi), Shivakumar – 98452 12763 (Kannada/English), Kishore – 99455 51204 (Kannada/English)