Did You Know?
- Men have made some of the most wonderful inventions/discoveries which have made life easy today, like:
- The internet – backbone of the technological progress of the 21st century.
- Medicines that made baby-delivery easy for women – one of the most progressive inventions of the 20th century.
- It’s majorly the men who have been laying down their lives since ages in order to protect their people and country-land from external attacks, environmental dangers, et al.
- It’s the men who have continuously sacrificed their likes and interests in order to take on the role of a bread-winner in order to not only support their families, but also to bring around economic progress that resulted in reducing latencies and made life easier for one and all.
- Men pay more taxes at the same salary level compared to women; and contribute to 82% of total taxes paid.
Did You Also Know?
- No studies have been conducted to know about the problems being faced by men in Indian society; and denied any relief to men citing lack of any such research results.
- In the last 63 years of Indian Independence not a single rupee from the Union Budget has been allocated for men’s welfare.
- Men undertake the most risky, dangerous and menial jobs like that of fireman, soldier, rail men, miners, laborers, etc. on a majority.
- The impact of your statement, “Do not cry like a girl” to your 5 year old son; he learns not to share his problems for the rest of his life.
- Men are treated as FREE ATM MACHINES and UNPAID BODYGUARDS.
- Men are treated as ECONOMIC SLAVES when a relationship breakdown happens.
- Mostly men work in unsafe and hazardous environments.
- Men die in road accidents 3 times more than women.
- Every nine minutes a married man commits suicide in India. Every year more than 58000 married men commit suicide in India.
- Every year more than 1 lakh men are arrested in false dowry cases merely on a complaint from their wives without trial or investigation.
- Men do not enjoy the luxury of reserved coaches and reserved seats in public transports.
- Men lose 20 million years of life in 5 urban cities in a decade.
- Women outlived men by 1 year in the 1920’s, but in today’s stressful times, women outlive men by no less than FIVE years.
- More Men die due to prostate cancer than women due to breast cancer.
- More men succumb to heart diseases which has a direct link to stress in life.
- Men have no choice in reproductive rights.
- Men have only RESPONSIBILITIES without RIGHTS and a life of COMPETITION by IMPULSION.
- Men live under and face the wrath of 15 anti-male and unconstitutional laws in India.
Celebrate International Men’s Day and give men their due
“Right to Peaceful Existence”
: The Lancet, Volume 374, Issue 9693, Pages 881 – 892, 12 September 2009