Save Indian Family Foundation(SIFF), a men’s rights organization conducted a peaceful protest rally in Bangalore on Saturday, the 19th of January 2013 demanding “No Arrest, No Maintenance” in marital disputes. Calling upon the society, media and Government alike, members of SIFF claimed that dowry laws and domestic violence are being misused and innocent men are being victimized in the draconian provisions of the law coupled with anti-male implementation of the same. Highlighting suicide figures released by the Ministry of Home Affairs and making a case that suicide by married men is almost double than that of married women, SIFF called for institution of National Commission for Men and formation of Men Welfare Ministry.
Below is a video for the same:
Save Indian Family Foundation (SIFF) is a non-funded non-profit NGO fighting for men’s rights, Gender Equality and Family Harmony by creating awareness against the misuse of anti-male laws like Section 498A (the dowry law), the Domestic Violence Act, and the various Maintenance laws etc. which are systematically breaking down the family system of India and perpetrating state sponsored abuse against men.
It is pertinent to note that in the last 65 years of Indian Independence neither a single rupee has ever been allocated for men’s welfare nor has a single Constitutional/Academic body ever been formed to study the problems faced by men let alone addressing them.
This emptiness has led SIFF to do research on men’s problems, talk to the victimized men, understand their pain, collect data and statistics related to men’s abuse and create awareness about them. SIFF has been doing this research since the last 8 years. Also SIFF and its allied NGOs all over India, have been engaging in various awareness campaigns to create awareness of men’s issues through media, internet blogs and road protests.
One of the major problems that men face around marriages is criminalization of marital disputes. Every relationship has its own share of ups and downs, incompatibilities. However, it is being observed that with every year passing it is becoming a fashion for the wife’s family to threaten husband’s family of false dowry cases and false maintenance cases if the demands of the wife and/or her family are not met by husband and/or his family.
Marital disputes are being used an excuse to convert bad marriages into false criminal cases based on false allegations of physical torture and dowry demand by husband towards the wife.
Protection of criminal women, merely because they are women is the biggest of injustices that this society heaps on to men. And it seems the Governments and social contractors are just not ready to learn from their mistakes in this area and they continue to protect criminal women even at the cost of justice and society.
One such clear-cut example of such a social tendency is the case of the (in)-famous (sic) Nisha Sharma. Sharma, who shot to fame in 2003 when she called off the wedding on alleged dowry demands by the would be groom’s family, over and above what they had already given to them as per Nisha’s claims, was immediately bestowed with a lots of praises, cheers and national honor and had received thousands of proposals for standing up against dowry.
The Delhi Government also included a chapter on Nisha and BBC covered it.
For around 16 months Nisha was the “Media Darling”. And the media left no stone unturned in tarnishing the accused groom, Munish Dalal’s image to such an extent by repeatedly showing his photograph that he did not get job anywhere for 2 years.
By citing some extreme cases of rape and murder, and relying on hyper media sensitivity and giving in to public emotion, the Indian Government and women organizations are on process to change the Present Rape law, as a knee-jerk reaction as mentioned below :
(Present punishment for rape is minimum 7 years and maximum life sentence).
Government and women organizations proposal under consideration:
- The Punishment should be “Hanging to Death” even for simple rape, presently it is Rape and Murder.
- Proposal for chemical castration to men. Accused have to prove that he had not committed the rape, the women is not required to give any proof (even medical test also not needed to file rape cases). Her verbal statement is sufficient to term any one as a rapist. She just needs to claim that she had been raped or gang raped and whoever is named will be arrested immediately and they will not get bail till the case is over, irrespective of how long the case continues, be it 1 month or 20 years.
- As soon as she files the case, whether it is true or false, she will get minimum 2 Lacks rupee – rupees 50 thousands immediately and then as case progress. This is irrespective the case is true or false.
- A rape complainant will get government job by default, so now you do not need any qualification or skill to get a government Job. You have to just cry rape and secure a government Job.
- Consent to sex: Any consensual sex can be termed as rape with excuse like, she was drunk / made to drink, she was promised for marriage, she was promised for job, she was under threat, etc. This means that the consent depends purely on women’s will and wish. She is even free to enjoy the consensual sex, later call it rape and en-cash
- Most importantly the law commission advised to make the rape law “Gender Neutral“, so that any rape by women to other women, men to other men, women to child can be covered, but women organizations and Govt are not ready to do that for reasons best known to them.
- For any disputes in marriage or divorce the wife can file the Rape case on her husband along with 498A (dowry case), DV act, Crpc125, Section24, Child custody and husband will not have any defence.
- There should not be any Punishment to women for making “False and Fabricated” rape or gang Rape case to anyone.
- A man can’t be file rape case against women even if she rapes you every day and then cut your body in 11 or 17 pieces.
Difficult Questions for the Indian media
1. Nobody seems to be concerned about the girl’s boyfriend who was badly beaten with the girl in Delhi . Everyone is harping on the the Rape incident even when the medical report is out . Beating a girl with an iron rod is a undoubtedly heinous crime ..but is it rape ? Does this man the boy who was also beaten with the sane road raped ?
2. In the Ruchika Gihrotra case(2008) her brother was brutally tortured for weeks by the Haryana Police , but the focus was always on Ruchika’s suicide and neither the media or the government no-one bothered to check how much this young man suffered.
3. A couple weeks ago a girl in Bangalore who was driving recklessly was pulled over by police and claimed molestation by the police !! Once the real story came out the , the media hyperbole subsided however no apology was issued to the policeman who was maligned for doing his duty.
Every 9 minutes a married man commits suicide, 3 times more men die in road accidents, 92% crimes happen against men and yet men are left unprotected!
Why is violence against men completely ignored in India and why is all violence against women converted to rape / molestation incidents ? Is this done to unnecessary get gender leverage and media sensationalism ?
Savvy magazine recently carried out an article about the plight of married men and the emergence of the concept of community centers to help and guide them.
Check them out below
Union Minister of Women and Child Development (WCD), Mrs. Krishna Tirath made a claim that 90% of Indian women are housewives who do not get any salary for the housework that they do and hence her proposal of forcing husbands to pay salary to their wives must be considered.
Media gave wide coverage to her views and Tirath mentioned that within six months the proposal would be sent for review to the Govt. Even other feminists and women’s rights activists started dancing around the proposal with some calling it ridiculous, some welcoming it, and some even going to the extent of saying that instead of salary, share in property should be given.
The bottom line for all this was very simple. Feminists want a free run for women and that too at the cost of men. The irony of the fact is, society supports this stance of feminists, against men, including men themselves.
In what could have been a legacy of hit movies after 3 Idiots, turned out to be a very mediocre affair for Bollywood actor Aamir Khan.
He was the star of millions but now he is hated alike. Aamir is known to be a perfectionist who does one movie at a time and delivers a hit. Producers bee line after him to get his dates. However, his latest movie “Talaash”, that released last Friday 30th November, turned out to be damp squib for him.
And the reason for this wasn’t the case that it was a badly made movie. It was actually a movie of the genre of Aamir. However, activists fighting for men’s rights, promoting the concept of male welfare and creating platforms and infrastructure to support, guide and coach distressed and victimized men, proved to be an unanticipated dent for him.
Men’s Rights Activists have decided to boycott Aamir Khan’s upcoming movie “Talaaash”. This boycott is a mark of protest against Aamir Khan’s show Satyamev Jayate in which he and the showmakers left no stone unturned in projecting men in bad light. They even went to the extent of showing scripted cases and false statistics of “so-called abuse of women” and hiding true statistics of abuse of men
by women and society.
Rumours also say it that now feminists are also against Talaash movie as it has shown a woman (Rani) as killer!