The weeks following 16 December 2012 have witnessed unprecedented male hatred being propagated in the media by the feminists and the feminist media. One incidence of gruesome violence was made a national issue and social outrage was provoked by the media keeping aside all other issues of the country, which led to the formation of a committee headed by Justice JS Verma, which came out with another set of draconian anti-male blind measures which even seemed to bypass the Government’s long pending decision of making the Sexual Assault Law gender neutral.
Now, the interesting thing here is, that the Justice Verma committee gets formed due to one alleged incident of gang-rape and murder over-hyped by the media and fuelled by feminists and they come out with recommendations like,
- Include punishment for marital rape wherein even the consent by wife is ignored if she complains,
- Remove misuse clause from Sexual Harassment Workplace,
- Harsher Punishments for eve-teasing, stalking, acid attack etc.
Subject: Ban on Vishwaroopam is another form of legal terrorism claim men’s rights organizations
Men’s rights organizations in India, under the platform of Save Indian Family (SIF), collectively, categorically and severely condemn the ban on Kamal Hassan’s movie – Vishwaroopam.
SIF, the umbrella organization of men’s rights organizations in India, working towards creating awareness of men’s problems, supporting distressed and victimized men, demanding gender neutral laws, protesting against misuse of anti-male laws, has termed the current ban on the movie Vishwaroopam as yet another form of legal terrorism in India, where democracy and right to free speech are becoming emblems of mockery.
SIF and its allied NGOs like Save Indian Family Foundation (Bangalore), Save Family Foundation (Delhi), Men’s Rights Association (Pune) to name a few, have a completely neutral stand on the content of the movie.
They neither support nor oppose the movie and its content and make a categorical statement of not taking sides with any party involved in the Vishwaroopam controversy.
Subject: All NGO’s working for Men’s Welfare strongly and jointly condemn the legal recommendations made by the Justice Verma committee
This press conference is being conducted by a coalition of NGOs under the umbrella of the Save Indian Family Foundation (SIFF). All NGOs are non-funded, non-profit NGOs fighting for men’s rights, Gender Equality, Judicial accountability and balanced laws. This press conference has been scheduled to highlight the shocking level of biased and anti-male legal recommendations released by the Justice Verma committee.
The coalition is shocked and finds it hard to believe that given the credibility and collective legal experience of the committee how could the committee choose and include only archaic and highly dangerous clauses and exclude female sexual predators who are guilty of committing sexual assault .
Presumption of guilt of a man, removal of misuse clause for women and adding an additional section for matrimonial rape in additional to already existing 15 laws for women in a matrimonial setting is something very preposterous on part of the committee. While the human rights, social rights, and legal rights of women were brought up many times by Justice Verma in his press conference, none of the same rights have been conferred on men through his legal recommendations. Men cannot expect to get a fair trial should any of these recommendations come into existence.
Save Indian Family Foundation(SIFF), a men’s rights organization conducted a peaceful protest rally in Bangalore on Saturday, the 19th of January 2013 demanding “No Arrest, No Maintenance” in marital disputes. Calling upon the society, media and Government alike, members of SIFF claimed that dowry laws and domestic violence are being misused and innocent men are being victimized in the draconian provisions of the law coupled with anti-male implementation of the same. Highlighting suicide figures released by the Ministry of Home Affairs and making a case that suicide by married men is almost double than that of married women, SIFF called for institution of National Commission for Men and formation of Men Welfare Ministry.
Below is a video for the same:
Save Indian Family Foundation (SIFF) is a non-funded non-profit NGO fighting for men’s rights, Gender Equality and Family Harmony by creating awareness against the misuse of anti-male laws like Section 498A (the dowry law), the Domestic Violence Act, and the various Maintenance laws etc. which are systematically breaking down the family system of India and perpetrating state sponsored abuse against men.
It is pertinent to note that in the last 65 years of Indian Independence neither a single rupee has ever been allocated for men’s welfare nor has a single Constitutional/Academic body ever been formed to study the problems faced by men let alone addressing them.
This emptiness has led SIFF to do research on men’s problems, talk to the victimized men, understand their pain, collect data and statistics related to men’s abuse and create awareness about them. SIFF has been doing this research since the last 8 years. Also SIFF and its allied NGOs all over India, have been engaging in various awareness campaigns to create awareness of men’s issues through media, internet blogs and road protests.
One of the major problems that men face around marriages is criminalization of marital disputes. Every relationship has its own share of ups and downs, incompatibilities. However, it is being observed that with every year passing it is becoming a fashion for the wife’s family to threaten husband’s family of false dowry cases and false maintenance cases if the demands of the wife and/or her family are not met by husband and/or his family.
Marital disputes are being used an excuse to convert bad marriages into false criminal cases based on false allegations of physical torture and dowry demand by husband towards the wife.
Protection of criminal women, merely because they are women is the biggest of injustices that this society heaps on to men. And it seems the Governments and social contractors are just not ready to learn from their mistakes in this area and they continue to protect criminal women even at the cost of justice and society.
One such clear-cut example of such a social tendency is the case of the (in)-famous (sic) Nisha Sharma. Sharma, who shot to fame in 2003 when she called off the wedding on alleged dowry demands by the would be groom’s family, over and above what they had already given to them as per Nisha’s claims, was immediately bestowed with a lots of praises, cheers and national honor and had received thousands of proposals for standing up against dowry.
The Delhi Government also included a chapter on Nisha and BBC covered it.
For around 16 months Nisha was the “Media Darling”. And the media left no stone unturned in tarnishing the accused groom, Munish Dalal’s image to such an extent by repeatedly showing his photograph that he did not get job anywhere for 2 years.
By citing some extreme cases of rape and murder, and relying on hyper media sensitivity and giving in to public emotion, the Indian Government and women organizations are on process to change the Present Rape law, as a knee-jerk reaction as mentioned below :
(Present punishment for rape is minimum 7 years and maximum life sentence).
Government and women organizations proposal under consideration:
- The Punishment should be “Hanging to Death” even for simple rape, presently it is Rape and Murder.
- Proposal for chemical castration to men. Accused have to prove that he had not committed the rape, the women is not required to give any proof (even medical test also not needed to file rape cases). Her verbal statement is sufficient to term any one as a rapist. She just needs to claim that she had been raped or gang raped and whoever is named will be arrested immediately and they will not get bail till the case is over, irrespective of how long the case continues, be it 1 month or 20 years.
- As soon as she files the case, whether it is true or false, she will get minimum 2 Lacks rupee – rupees 50 thousands immediately and then as case progress. This is irrespective the case is true or false.
- A rape complainant will get government job by default, so now you do not need any qualification or skill to get a government Job. You have to just cry rape and secure a government Job.
- Consent to sex: Any consensual sex can be termed as rape with excuse like, she was drunk / made to drink, she was promised for marriage, she was promised for job, she was under threat, etc. This means that the consent depends purely on women’s will and wish. She is even free to enjoy the consensual sex, later call it rape and en-cash
- Most importantly the law commission advised to make the rape law “Gender Neutral“, so that any rape by women to other women, men to other men, women to child can be covered, but women organizations and Govt are not ready to do that for reasons best known to them.
- For any disputes in marriage or divorce the wife can file the Rape case on her husband along with 498A (dowry case), DV act, Crpc125, Section24, Child custody and husband will not have any defence.
- There should not be any Punishment to women for making “False and Fabricated” rape or gang Rape case to anyone.
- A man can’t be file rape case against women even if she rapes you every day and then cut your body in 11 or 17 pieces.
Difficult Questions for the Indian media
1. Nobody seems to be concerned about the girl’s boyfriend who was badly beaten with the girl in Delhi . Everyone is harping on the the Rape incident even when the medical report is out . Beating a girl with an iron rod is a undoubtedly heinous crime ..but is it rape ? Does this man the boy who was also beaten with the sane road raped ?
2. In the Ruchika Gihrotra case(2008) her brother was brutally tortured for weeks by the Haryana Police , but the focus was always on Ruchika’s suicide and neither the media or the government no-one bothered to check how much this young man suffered.
3. A couple weeks ago a girl in Bangalore who was driving recklessly was pulled over by police and claimed molestation by the police !! Once the real story came out the , the media hyperbole subsided however no apology was issued to the policeman who was maligned for doing his duty.
Every 9 minutes a married man commits suicide, 3 times more men die in road accidents, 92% crimes happen against men and yet men are left unprotected!
Why is violence against men completely ignored in India and why is all violence against women converted to rape / molestation incidents ? Is this done to unnecessary get gender leverage and media sensationalism ?
Savvy magazine recently carried out an article about the plight of married men and the emergence of the concept of community centers to help and guide them.
Check them out below